Monday, December 17, 2012

December 17, 2013 - Transferred!!


Hello family,
We've had a good/interesting week. First of all, xxxxx was able to get baptized this week, which is super good. We're pretty happy about it. I accidentally said the prayer wrong the first time, so I had to do it again, but it worked out. We had a really good turn out of the baptism this week, which actually made her pretty nervous for the whole thing. She did super good though, and I'll be sure to send you some pictures. Another investigator,  came to the baptism and had a good time. She asked some good questions, and seemed really interested, and even at one point she started saying 'when I get baptized...' which I hope is a good sign. All in all it was a really good service. 5 people total got baptized there, so it was a big one.
We had an interesting day at church yesterday. xxxx was confirmed, and was really welcomed into the branch. A man who was baptized about 2 months ago, received the Melchizedek priesthood (I think it's kind of fast, but I think he'll learn fast), and Elder Lake was able to give the blessing. It was a cool experience for him, especially because he didn't know that it was going to happen before hand. xxxx said that he wanted Elder Lake to do it, just there in Sacrament Meeting, and all of the color went out of Elder Lake's face. President Carter was also there, and was very impressed with how well Elder Lake did. He had never even done one in English, let alone Armenian.
We got our transfer calls yesterday. It turns out that I'm whitewashing an area, as a trainee and District Leader. I wish they could have let me know a little before hand so I could prepare a little better, but oh well. My new area is called Erebuni I'll still be serving in the same Branch, but just a different area, so I'll be in somewhat familiar ground when it comes to members. Elder Lake is staying here in Shengavit, and is going to be a senior companion, which does not happen very often when you're just getting out of your training. He'll be great though, if anyone is ready for that he is.
That's awesome that the Aggies won a bowl game! Right when I leave... Hopefully they can keep it up.
I'm glad to hear that Grandpa Cardon's funeral went well. I hope that Grandma is still doing okay.
I did get the bag that you sent with the Tolmans, but I wasn't able to actually see them. I'm sure that they're busy. Thank you for the presents!
As for Skype, my turn will be at 9:20 p.m. your time on Christmas day.
I love you all,
Peace,
Elder Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment