Monday, April 23, 2012

April 23, 2012 - Vanadzor!

Hey Fam,

It's been a pretty crazy week. First was the crazy amount of traveling that we did. I didn't really like that part. But now I'm finally in Armenia, and it's a party. The country is awesome, I love it here. The people get along with so little, and a lot of them are still so happy. The language is still kind of blowing me away, but I'm getting better. My first day I got totally wiped out, but now I'm getting in the swing of things. My companion is Elder Gerber, and he's been great. Luckily he's been patient with me, no matter how slow I am. He's also been pushing me really hard, but I guess that's the only way to learn. He actually called our house a few months ago and mom freaked out at him. He even made me German pancakes this morning, for which I am eternally grateful. We're serving in Vanadzor, a small city in the northern part of Armenia. Very cool place, and luckily it won't get as hot here in the summer. Yerevan is supposed to get pretty bad. The branch here is awesome; all of the people are way nice. I had to go up and bear my testimony in sacrament meeting yesterday, which consisted of about 20 people, and this old lady was just yelling at me the entire time. It was pretty funny. It'll be a while before I'm pro at the language though. I've had some Armenian food, but not a ton. My first day we had some Georgian food, which was basically a small chicken cut in half with some bread. The bread here is amazing by the way. We basically eat it for every meal. I had this thing called a lamajo which is basically a meet paste spread out on some lavash. It was way good. Lavash is kind of like a tortilla, just thin bread. Last night we ate at a member’s house and we had some boiled greens with some matsoon. Matsoon is basically a mix of cottage cheese and sour cream in texture, but a really strong taste. It was actually pretty good, but I've heard that a lot of missionaries don't like it. So far the food has been good, and today we're going to get some Armenian pizza. That should be exciting.

It's awesome to hear about everybody at home, I hope everyone is doing well. I hope the play is good for Mom and Jenna, and that sports are good and all that stuff. Tell Jenna she's awesome for making you dinner, I never did that ha. I hope Alycia had a good time at prom, and I'm glad Robbie beat up her date. He probably deserved it. I hope work is going well for you Dad.

Great to hear from you,

Love,

Elder Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment