Sunday, April 22, 2012

April 9, 2012

Hey fam,

Thanks for coming to see me on Saturday. It was a really cool experience. Even though the camera did keep on switching right when it got to me ha. It's ok though, I actually even messed up in praise to the man at one point, so I'm kind of glad it didn't show me there ha. Something I probably remember for the rest of my life. Very funny.

Ya it's crazy how fast it's coming up. We're supposed to get our travel plans this Friday, so I can let you know when I can call.

I think we all feel that we're all not quite ready to leave just yet, even though it feels like we've been here forever ha. There's always new words to learn, scriptures to memorize, or just concepts to understand. But ya, ready or not...

This week we have a special sacrament meeting for the entire MTC. We're supposed to get 3 well known General Authorities for it. I'm hoping it's the First Presidency. Just sayin. I'll tell you how it goes next week.

So Robbie is playing football huh? Sounds like I'm in trouble! He's going to be some kind of 7 foot tall 300 pound muscle man when I get back. Now that is scary to think about. Go easy on me. That's cool about the Jazz and the Aggies. It's always nice to have the teams we like to actually win! That doesn't happen very often.

Ya Richard Pack left this week. Sad day. We represented to Packs well though. And the camera loved him ha. I haven't actually talked to David Archuleta, but I'm around him a lot. He's in the same building as me, and he was in the choir (he only got to the MTC 3 days before conference, but they let him in anyways). It looked like a bit of an attempt to get some attention, considering that was the last thing you saw of the choir was him front and center with his nametag for all to see. Being famous gives you some perks.

A few days ago we actually had a real Armenian come and visit us. He was an investigator all the way from California that drove here to watch conference. And then he just decided he wanted to see the missionaries. The MTC actually let him in, which was pretty surprising. I could actually understand a bunch of what he was saying, which was way cool. The visit was really short though. bummer. I'll see if I can send you a picture.

Last night we had a Fireside that was pretty good. For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the guy, but ya it was good. He talked about how we need to stop focusing on what we gave up to be here. Whatever we give up to serve the Lord, The Lord will give you so much back in return. We need to keep our lives in perspective. Proverbs 3:4-5

I don't know where I can print off that USU paper, so maybe you emailing it to me would be easier. If you can. I haven't gotten that other sheet yet, but I haven't checked my mail yet today.

Jenna, I'm sorry it has taken me so long to write you back. I'm sending you a letter today, so expect it soon. And please tell Grandma and Grandpa thank you for that email they sent me. Tell them that I'm praying for them.

I miss you all, I'll talk to you soon

Elder Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment